Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2014

DOPAMINE EFFECT

It is the work of Dopamine!!! my friend shouted. At that time, I could only say... Here, I am in tension and you are talking about some Dopamine... Are you really serious??? Or do you think am just bluffing here. I was missing my husband and was telling her how much am worried as no phone calls have come from him. She sounded very rude to me. She just smiled and said- " You read the mail which i have sent to you about emotions. After a big research, I have sent it to you." I made up my mind not to read the mail. How could on earth, she be so rude when I am sharing my sorrrows. 

Next day morning, I opened my mail to see the said mail hit my inbox. Till then, I was also feeling better as my husband had called me. My mind told me to delete it without reading but my growing curiosity made me to open it. 

It read:
"
High on love
Love's high is similar to cocaine's rush. When in love, 12 areas of the brain work to produce the following euphoria-inducing chemicals:

Adrenaline
Initial stages of falling for someone triggers the rush of adrenaline. This makes one sweat, increases heart beats and makes the mouth go dry.
Dopamine
It has the same effect on the brain as cocaine. It ignites desire and causes a rush of pleasure. No wonder the new lovebirds are full of energy and attention and need less sleep and food.
Serotonin
This makes the brain constantly think of your lover. Researchers have found that serotonin levels in new lovers are equal to the low serotonin levels of patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Vasopressin
It plays an important role in long-term commitments.

TWO stages of love
1: Attraction—You are love-struck and can't think of anything else. You could blame adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin for this.
2: Attachment—It keeps the couple together long enough till they bear children. The long-term relationships are all because of oxytocin and vasopressin.


How emotions affect organs
According to Chinese medicine our emotions affect various body organs.
Joy
Joy is associated with the heart. When overexcited, one might experience insomnia, heart palpitation and agitation.
Anger
Anger is stored in the liver and gallbladder, which produce and store bile, respectively. Anger can, thus, affect biological processes causing headache, dizziness and high blood pressure.
Anxiety
It affects lungs and large intestine, causing breathlessness and inflammation of the large intestine.
Grief
It obstructs energy flow in the body, and could injure the lungs causing respiratory diseases.
Pensiveness
Excessive thinking affects the spleen, causing fatigue and inability to concentrate.
Fear
It affects kidneys and could cause involuntary urination. Extreme fear can cause a person to lose control of his bladder.
Fright
Affects the heart in short term and when it becomes chronic, it affects the kidneys.It ain't the heartLike all emotions, love originates in the brain. Heart has as much role to play as the liver when it comes to love. We feel the pangs of passion because of the various neurochemicals generated in our brain.Did you know?That a mother's love can affect growth of a child's brain. Researchers have found that children of nurturing mothers have hippocampal volumes 10 per cent larger than children whose mothers were not as loving. A larger hippocampus is linked with a better memory.

- Regards
XXX
"

After reading this, I sat on my chair thinking how much useful information I was trying to miss because of my ego and anger and how my curiousity helped me. I wondered which chemical worked on me. However, I thanked my friend and the unknown chemical and started being happy for the dopamine effect.....


No comments:

Post a Comment